Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Math Evolve

Screen_shot_2012-01-09_at_7
This is definitely a game and has several different things going on at once; playing into our technology savvy students.  Students practice their basic facts by either solving a problem that appears on the screen or by creating their own problem by choosing the numbers and then selecting the correct answer from several answers that are provided.  There is a story line that goes with the app if students choose to read it. There are they typical electronic game sounds.  As an adult I found that there was a lot going on but several of my students have been very engaged in the game and practicing their basic facts at the same time. A comment from a 7th grade student: "I played Math Evolve and it was very fun and at the same time I could learn my multiplication facts.  It was fun because you had to try to eliminate the bugs while you had to figure out the facts."

No comments:

Post a Comment